What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order or fill out a form.
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address or phone number. You may, however, visit parts of our site anonymously. When you visit Fitness Friendz, upload photos, add workouts, or seek advice from professionals, non-personal identifying information including your IP address, browser type, and the date and time of your query are automatically recorded in the web server log.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience: Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve our website: We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve customer service: Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To process transactions: Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
- To send periodic emails: The email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
- Services: To supply services purchased through our website.
- Marketing communications: We may send you marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you, by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications).
- Complaints procedures and fraud prevention: We may need to use your details when dealing with inquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our website, or to keep our website secure and prevent fraud
- Compliance: We may need to verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our website (including monitoring private messages sent through our website private messaging service)
Your Information Sharing Choices
Most of the data you enter on the website is controlled by privacy settings, if you choose to make some of your profile public then anyone can see your information. Use the 'Edit Profile' link to change your profile and choose what information you would like to share with the public.
As a Fitness Professional when you add a client to Fitness Friendz they are given access to the Fitness Friendz ecosystem. However your client list is always private and is never publicy viewable. If your clients wish to remain anonymous on the website they can do so by ensuring that their profile remains hidden and non-searchable as it is on creation. Your clients are able to show which professionals they are utilising or connected with on their profile, however this can also be controlled by becoming unsearchable. This will subsequently reduce your visibility on the site and is thus not recommended.
By using the 'Track User' feature, the professional 'Tracked' will be notified and be able to view all users tracking them. As per the terms and conditions, if you are a Fitness Enthusiast they will not be allowed to contact you directly and will not be given the means to do so by Fitness Friendz unless you initiate contact with them or provide your details publicly.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
All supplied sensitive/credit information is only required by our payment gateway providers and is thus, if required, only ever saved on their database servers, only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
Our payment gateway providers are fully PCI compliant.
After a transaction, none of your private information such as credit cards details, etc. will be stored on our servers. All such details are handled by our gateway providers and all data is secured by using the SSL protocol.
Any information you do provide will be treated in confidence and used only for the purpose for which you provided it. Where personal information can be entered, the website ensures that industry-standard security measures are in place to protect it. If you choose to register on the website, information such as your email, postcode, name and gender are required whereas other information such as your height, weight and fitness preferences can be optionally provided in order to have a full experience on Fitness Friendz. None of this information is public unless configured to be by you and we are fully compliant with the Data Protection Act.
Disclosing personal information:
We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers, or subcontractors as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy. We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies (this means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and all its subsidiaries) as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings
- in order to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
You have the following rights in relation to your data:
- Right to access - the right to request copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we may charge a small administration fee. Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request and if we do so we will let you know the reason why.
- Right to correct - the right to have your data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to restrict our use of your data - the right to block us from using your data or limit the way in which it is used.
- Right to object - the right to object to our use of your data including where we use it for legitimate interests
- To make enquiries, exercise your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your data, please contact us here.
- It is important that the data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your data changes during the period for which we hold it.
- Note, even if we delete your data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or reulatory purposes.
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computers hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website at: fitnessfriendz.com/terms
Fitness Friendz Ltd is registered in England and Wales. Company No: 8641545